Sunday, March 20, 2011

Music Commentary - The Action Design "Connect Disconnect"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDzBWsWyOZY&feature=related

This is a link to the Action Design song "Connect Disconnect." I can't upload it because it's against the "terms of service" to upload stuff that isn't yours. So you get a link to youtube, where someone else did exactly that, in violation of their terms of service. Anyhow...

I can think of ten reasons I like this video
1. The lead singer, Emily, was previously known as "Agent M" when she was in the punk band Tsunami Bomb. And that's a cool name for the singer of a punk band I think.
2. At the :20 mark, her hair is blowing around in a mysterious breeze.
3. Using a microphone with a cord is old-school and awesome..
4. She is wearing a sheer dress, and knee-high double-strapped boots. I approve.
5. The bassist mysteriously is able to play the piano and his bass at the same time in the breakdown. Geddy Lee, anyone?
6. The look she gives the camera at the 2:11 mark when she says "please don't forget" in the sweetest possible voice.
7. The drummer is wearing a derby cap, and looks cool doing it. It is hard to look cool in a derby, which is why I never wear mine.
8. Whatever she did to her hair, I love it.
9. The drummer is wearing converse all-stars low-cuts.
10. And I really like the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment